Wednesday 3 September 2014

No-tie pencil scarves : Tutorial over at Oliver + S blog

I was sitting in a coffee shop a week or two ago and I saw a picture of some gorgeous knitted pencil scarves by an Etsy seller Sara Carr.

The scarf in the magazine was navy and red, with a touch of gold. Exactly P's school uniform colours and I went home and immediately set to work to make him one from the leftover fleece from his sweaters.


I don't knit, so mine is a sewn version using the No-Tie Scarf from, you guessed it, Little Things to Sew.

With the North Americans heading into autumn, and back to school, the lovely folk at Oliver + S were keen to have me write up a tutorial for their blog.

So I'm back at my blogging home away from home. Click on the button below to see how I did it

 
In making another for the tutorial I've also made a birthday present for a little friend of A's who is having her 4th birthday soon. Sorted. Now I just need to resist the temptation to make an Elsa costume to go with the birthday party theme. I think I'm strong enough! ;)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get a real kick out of knowing you've visited the blog and love to read comments. Thanks.